Monday, January 2, 2012

Miss Black Ohio Speaks: The Year Has Begun!

2012 is here! I am so blessed to see the beginning of another year. As I think about all of the things that are ahead of me in 2012, I can't help but be very VERY excited. I have so many wonderful things that I would like to accomplish this year.

The Miss Black Ohio organization now has an official partnership with the Girl Scouts!
This year I will be able to continue to instill the importance of true beauty and a "Woman's Worth" into young women around the state of Ohio. I am very excited about this partnership! Just recently I was able to co-host a self-esteem workshop with 3 girl scout troops in Cincinnati.
The workshop was a great experience. It's so wonderful to hear young women speak about what they believe true beauty is, and to help them build a strong sense of self-esteem. The girls had so many great ideas and were truly an inspiration to me. While my goal was to teach them, I learned a lot as well.
Along with working with the girl scouts this year I am excited about working with the Boys and Girls Clubs as well.
I truly desire to make a difference! There are 8 months left before the national pageant and 10 months before my year as Miss Black Ohio comes to an end, and I promise to make the most out of every single moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment